Santa Cruz Hostel
A California beach hostel at the historic Carmelita Cottages
321 Main Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 USA
Our hostel has a few key policies that we ask all guests to follow while staying at the Santa Cruz Hostel. These policies help to create the safe communal atmosphere that we enjoy at the hostel. Please look carefully at these policies so you can decide if the Santa Cruz Hostel is right for you.
- As a traveler’s hostel, we do not allow anyone within residence of Santa Cruz County to make a reservation at this location.
- We do not allow drugs, alcohol, or weapons on our property.
- Office hours are 8am – 10pm.
- Check-in is between 4pm – 10pm.
- Check-out is by 11am.
- Quiet hours are between 10pm – 8am. This is as a courtesy to each of our guests who may be between long days of travel.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of check-in time (4pm) will be charged for the first night of the reservation.
- All guests over 18 must show current government ID to check in to the Santa Cruz Hostel; all U.S. Citizens over 18 must show a current government issued ID that shows your current address– i.e. a Driver’s license or a state ID to check in.
- All guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, or have a signed parent permission form.
- Guests cannot stay more than 6 nights consecutively. Any guest who reaches their 6 night maximum must wait 2 weeks before making another reservation. Guests may reserve a maximum of 14 nights within a calendar year.
- Pets are not allowed at our hostel, with the exception of service animals. Emotional support animals are not allowed.